Welsh National Cycle route - Lon Las Cymru Cycle Tour
Offa’s Dyke marks the boundary between England & Wales, but the impressive earthworks weren’t enough to stop the marauding hordes of Prince Llewellyn & Owain Glyndwr. As you follow the river valleys upstream through meadows & moorland, you can see why it was so important to defend this beautiful countryside.
We always really enjoy cycling through this area of Mid Wales - with lots of trout streams to stop by & of course breathtaking views to the Brecon Beacons, Radnorshire hills and Cader Idris on the Welsh coast.
WELSH NATIONAL CYCLE ROUTE -
* Offa’s Dyke marks the boundary
* Easy cycle to Wales
* Spectacular views across Offa’s Dyke
* Cross the tiny suspension bridge or wade across the River Elan
* Red kite feeding station at Rhayader
* A wonderful cycle path to the Elan Valley lakes
* Stagg Inn the UK’s first pub to get a Michelin Star
* A 3000 year old yew tree at Discoed
* Traditional hill farming
* Award winning Judges’ Lodging Museum in Presteigne
The UK's National Cycle Network - provides a 10,000 mile network of cycle paths and traffic calmed roads throughout the UK. One of the first routes to be set up was the Welsh National Cycle Route - the Lon Las Cymru.
We are delighted to be able to offer a cycling holiday along the best part of this route - through Mid Wales. This section fulfils Wheely Wonderful Cycling’s criteria for a route which is suitable for all abilities… and even more importantly it passes through some magical scenery.
This seven day tour takes you through the Black and White Villages from Presteigne to Hay on Wye, then up the Wye Valley through Builth Wells to the Elan Valley and Red Kite country. Two nights at Rhayader and a final overnight stop in Knighton. Easy to moderate cycling with one difficult day-of 35 miles and two hills. Total 125 miles.
- THE PRICE OF YOUR HOLIDAY INCLUDES:
- * All accommodation - bed and full English breakfast. With a choice of staying in farmhouse & guesthouse accommodation or hotels and inns.
- * All your luggage transported between each night’s accommodation.
- * Quality bikes and equipment (pannier to carry your picnic, lock, helmet, gel covers, etc).
- * Unique detailed route guides and Ordnance Survey maps to show the best route from each day’s accommodation.
- * Comprehensive holiday information pack about the area and events during your stay.
- * Full back up service for any emergencies and problems
- * Safe and secure parking at Petchfield Farm.
- The holiday starts at Petchfield Farm, near Ludlow, Shropshire. Ludlow has good rail links.