Shropshire Castles Cycle Tour
We think this area of Shropshire offers some of the best cycling in Europe.River valleys, cutting through spectacular hills, dominated by ruined castles.
The theme for this cycle tour is castles – there are lots of them. But it’s just an excuse to spend a few days exploring a wonderful area and staying in some special places. There are big castles at Clun, Montgomery & Ludlow and fortifications everywhere. Don’t miss the spectacular Caer Caradoc Iron Age hill fort at Church Stretton.
A more relaxed tour with a mixture of daily mileages and rest days. Staying in Clun and Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow (festivals, events & Michelin star restaurants). Returning to Petchfield on your last day via Richards Castle– the first Norman castle ever built in England (built before the Norman invasion of 1066!)
Easy to moderate cycling. Our special route guides and maps offer lots of alternatives. Building up to a maximum of 26 miles a day. Total 72 miles (min) - 153 miles (max).
SHROPSHIRE CASTLES CYCLE TOUR - 6 days, 5 nights
- THE PRICE OF YOUR HOLIDAY INCLUDES:
- * All accommodation - bed and full English breakfast. With a choice of staying in farmhouse & guesthouse accommodation or hotels and inns.
- * All your luggage transported between each night’s accommodation.
- * Quality bikes and equipment (pannier to carry your picnic, lock, helmet, gel covers, etc).
- * Unique detailed route guides and Ordnance Survey maps to show the best route from each day’s accommodation.
- * Comprehensive holiday information pack about the area and events during your stay.
- * Full back up service for any emergencies and problems
- * Safe and secure parking at Petchfield Farm.
- All holidays start at our base Petchfield Farm, near Ludlow. Good train links to Ludlow